Iconic Photo Marks Matador's Redemption: A Heartrending Moment Ends Álvaro Munero's Career

This iconic photo records the end of Álvaro Munero's bullfighter career. In the middle of the fight, he suddenly felt repentant and sat down on the sidelines. In a subsequent interview, Alvaro revealed the historic moment, saying, "Suddenly I no longer saw horns, but the eyes of a bull.


He was standing in front of me, looking at me. I just stood and watched, with no intention of attacking. The innocence in its eyes begged for help, as if all the animals were screaming for justice. Inside me, I suddenly realized that the bull was talking to me, like we talk to God in prayer: 'I don't want to fight with you, please leave me alone, because I have never done anything wrong to you. You can kill me if you want, but I don't want to fight you.'" This moment marked an important change of heart for Munero, marking the end of a long-standing bullfighter tradition.


As I read his eyes, I felt myself to be the most despicable creature on earth, and that stopped the war in me. That incident became a turning point, prompting me to become a vegetarian and choose bullfighting instead. The story I shared was later published in 2012. As thousands of reports from abroad covered the case, millions of people came to know bullfighter Álvaro Munero, and the photo of the iconic moment became one of his most famous.

Source :
https://www.larepublica.ec/blog/2015/03/21/enrique-ponce-25-anos-de-alternativa-como-matador-de-toros/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Timeless Talents: Actors Whose Success Defies Eras

Ken Kao: Hollywood's Behind-the-Scenes Powerhouse Making Waves in Film and Beyond!

Bachelorette Secrets Exposed: How Are Contestants Handpicked for Love's Ultimate Game?